Friday, 9 August 2013

Where Kids go to School

I went to see the International School here in Hangzhou.  It is the white buildings with the blue roof in the picture.  There are four hundred students in the school from all over the world.
 I had a tour with the principal   We went past the outdoor play structure, which had a massive awning covering it - have I mentioned it's hot?  The soccer field has brand new artificial turf and is just waiting to be played on.
The gym looked great.  The phys ed teacher was getting organised as school starts here next week.
 The other half of the gym.
 There was a dance studio.
The buildings are all separate, so I went past the play structure again as we were getting to another building.
 The library was very nice with lots of new books in boxes.
 Another shot of the library.
The grade two classroom was being set up.  Each class has about fifteen students in it and there are two or three classes of each grade.
It was a very interesting morning.

No comments: