Thursday, 26 November 2009

Amy-isms

- Amy calls Kristin her big "stister".

- When our friend Betty was staying with us for the weekend, we were teasing her about her boyfriend and who she was going to marry. So as not to be left out, Amy chimed into the conversation and told us that she was going to marry Seanie, her big brother.

- Amy does not fully comprehend the meaning of time. Anything that will be happening, is happening "tomorrow", no matter if it's in a few hours or next week. Anything that has happened, happened "lasterday", a combination of last time and yesterday.


- The other day, Amy and I were sitting, watching a group of teenagers without their parents. Amy made the comment about them being able to be alone because they were "grown-ups". I said I could do it as well because I too was a grown-up. Amy looked at me incredulously and said, "You're not a grown-up Mama. You're an old lady".

- Amy was a flower girl this fall for my good friend Dave, who happens to be an RCMP officer. He had a number of his colleagues, all in their red serge outfits, standing guard at the ceremony. When Amy saw them, she exclaimed excitedly, "Look Mama! One, two, three, four cowgirls!!!". Sorry Dave. She now knows they are really RCMP officers. And for the record, none of them were girls.


No comments: