Saturday, 14 November 2009

The Rest of the Weekend with Betty

We had a wonderful weekend with our friend Betty. On Saturday morning, Robin, Amy and Betty went out to rake the yard, but not a whole lot of acreage was cleaned as it was far more enjoyable to play in the piles rather than bag them.

Look closely. What do you see? Closer.
Closer still.
Yep! It's Daddy's little helpers . . . slacking off again!
Apparently, Robin couldn't stop himself from jumping into the action.
Then it was off to wash the cars.
Betty got the high spots while Amy washed the parts lower to the ground.
Sunday morning, I came downstairs to see Betty laying on the couch, reading her book.
Of course, whatever Betty does, Amy does too.
As advanced as I like to think Amy is, she really can't read yet. Not to mention, the book that she had chosen was given to her by Popo and is written entirely in Mandarin! I think it will be a year or two before she can actually tackle that one, but there's no harm in trying.
What a great Sunday morning. What a great weekend.

No comments: