Please join us on our adventure raising our family.
Friday, 6 November 2009
A Weekend with Betty
Our good friend Betty is with us, once again, for the weekend. After dinner, Betty grabbed the pineapple Robin had purchased, and began to create a masterpiece for dessert - fried pineapple. Yum!Of course, like always, whatever Betty does, Amy does too . . . exactly.
On the evening of July 1st, 2006, Robin and I were reclining at the beach on Pelee Island in Lake Erie awaiting the Canada Day fireworks display. All of a sudden, he said, "How would you like to adopt a little girl from China named Amy?" At that exact moment, the fireworks erupted, starting a spectacular show that seemed to continue forever. I wasn't 100% sure that I had heard him correctly, but my immediate thought was, "How does he know a little girl in China named Amy?"
The fireworks continued . . . and continued . . . and continued.
After what seemed like an eternity, the fireworks on the beach stopped, and I asked what he meant. It was at this point that the fireworks in my heart began!
No comments:
Post a Comment