Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Amy-isms

One of the things that I enjoy most about our girl is watching and listening to her learn to speak. Some of her more common phrases and words have been dropped along the wayside as her language has developed, such as "fa fa" for coffee and "new new" for anything new (because we all know one is never enough!).

There always seems, however, to be new Amy-isms popping into her vocabulary. One of her latest one is "hangaburger", which she loves to get, but never eats - just pulls it apart and plays with the cheese (I don't blame her. I don't like them either.).

The other is "Tinkerboys" - a fusing of the words Tinkertoys and Tinkerbell. Our good friends, Denny and Eryl, gave her a huge tub of them for Christmas and she loves to create . . . ummm . . . things with them. Here she is tonight, before bath time, with one of her latest installations.They sit out to be admired and, like any fine pieces of art, we are not allowed to touch them!

No comments: