Thursday, 8 January 2009

Can I Eat This?

I'm baking cakes for a wedding next weekend. They are to be served later in the evening and it is anticipated that there will be about 100 people there at that time. I'm also making the wedding cake.

I took full advantage of Amy being in school today to get to work baking. Of course, as soon as my Little Helper came into the house, she smelled the baking and announced she was going to help Mommy make "cookie doughs" (another Amy-ism!). Thankfully, or so I thought at the time, she became sidelined by Thumper, (see post below) and quickly ran to the family room. After sharing her joy, I realized I had a few more minutes to myself, and so snuck back into the kitchen.
Amy seemed to be very enthralled with Thumper, so I continued to bake. It wasn't until I realized that the banging on the window had stopped that I actually looked up and saw Amy. She was contentedly perched on a chair, in front of one of my banana cakes that was cooling on the table and . . . EATING IT!

I guess it's my own fault for not making sure she had a snack in the car.

No comments: